General meetings take place at 7:00 p.m. every Wednesday of the month, September through June.
For 2023-24, we will meet over Zoom for three meetings a month. We also plan to meet in person on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at the Langley Lions Society West Langley Hall, 9400 208 St, Langley City, BC V1M 2Y9. All are welcome. Come to a meeting and check us out. If you would like to attend a Zoom meeting, send an email to email@example.com and our President Lorna Scott will send you the meeting link.
Check out the calendar for current information, upcoming speakers and meeting dates. General information about our meetings is below.
Membership is $75 per year for an individual and $115 per year for a family household.
- The first Wednesday of the month is set aside this year for special learning opportunities, or on alternating months for Executive Meetings.
- The second Wednesday of the month is Program Night. The focus of this night is to provide members with insight and information that will educate, inspire and motivate. This evening will feature members and other guests who will share their expertise and tips on how to improve your photography. These evenings are meant to be interactive so please bring questions, opinions, ideas and your own expertise to share!
- The third Wednesday of the month is Evaluation Night. Members may submit digital images to be evaluated by a guest judge who is usually from outside the Langley Camera Club. The judge scores the images and if requested by the image maker gives a verbal critique before the score is announced.
- The fourth Wednesday of the month is Speaker Series Night. We have excellent presenters on a range of photographic topics. Presenters are announced on the website.
- The fifth Wednesday of the month (if there is one) is reserved for a workshop or special event. The evenings events will be announced to the membership in advance.
Members Showcase. The Showcase is dedicated to members sharing their images. Member Showcase is scheduled twice a year, once in the fall and again in the spring on one of the Wednesday meeting nights. Get your slide shows ready and sign up for the event! Learn how to create a slideshow for the Member ShowCase.