This is the member’s opportunity to present and share their photography with fellow club members. All Langley Camera Club members are encouraged to participate. We will dedicate the entire evening to the Member ShowCase. Your slideshows must be NO LONGER than 4 minutes.
The formats are listed below. They can be as simple as a Powerpoint slide show with straight cuts to photo or as complex as adding effects and music. This is not a competition but rather an opportunity to share your images with other like minded photographers.
Member ShowCase presentations can be, but are not limited to:
- “ProShow Gold” or other automated slide show with with music, transitions and other production values. Time length per slide show is a maximum of 4 minutes.
- “PechaKucha” is a simple presentation format where up to 20 images are shown, for 20 seconds each. The images advance automatically and you speak about your images as they advance.
- “How to lesson” share with us a PhotoShop or LightRoom technique, a photography/camera effect …or ?
Please see the Special Projects Coordinator at a club meeting or send an email if you have any questions.
Slideshows can be as easy as slides advancing automatically with music playing or as detailed as transitions, fade in – fade out – swoops and zooms. One of the most popular programs for slideshows is ProShow Gold. Microsoft PowerPoint can also be used for automated slide shows. For Mac users, there’s FotoMagico.
PechaKucha (Japanese for chit-chat) is a simple presentation format where 20 images are shown, for 20 seconds each. The images advance automatically and you speak briefly about your images as they advance. IrfanView is a free software with timing that is ideal for PechaKucha. PowerPoint and Proshow will also be suitable.
- easy to do
- little production time required
- allows the artist to talk about his/her work in an easy, non stressful way.
- IrfanView is the perfect software to use, it’s FREE.
- presentations are quick, concise, and fun for presenters and audience alike.
Members can share pictures of a trip they went on and tell us the story. Or show a series of themed pictures and tell us how they made or photographed them.
PechaKucha topics are limited only by your interests and imagination – not by your production skills!
PechaKuchas can be about anything!
Please send an email to the Special Projects Coordinator if you have any questions.
We are looking for members to present at Member Showcase with a PechaKucha or a ProshowGold presentation. We want to see your photography!